WE PURSUE SAFETY AND MORE OPPORTUNITIES
Our commitment is expressed in the removal of barriers that limit opportunities for active participation in social and professional life.
Access to social opportunities can be particularly difficult for people with more or less severe hearing impairments, especially young and elderly people. There are different reasons why this happens and the consequences vary from the emotional to the professional field, often causing isolation, loneliness and depression.
THE PROJECTS WE SUPPORT
- We support the creation of accessible and inclusive spaces, allowing people to participate in cultural, sporting and artistic activities.
- We promote social inclusion through sound and music.
- We improve the acoustic ecology of classrooms and public spaces.
- We use new technologies to promote more inclusive communities, especially for seniors and the hearing impaired.
- We promote access to content and information, for example by promoting the adoption of visual or written tools that can overcome language or hearing barriers.
SCHOOL AND TECHNOLOGY FOR LEARNING
We promote communication between teachers and students thanks to new teaching technologies, which can help to overcome or reduce the learning difficulties that verbal communication alone entails for many pupils with hearing impairments.
Teachers can prepare lessons with presentations or build hypertexts, while pupils can use specific learning support software, multimedia vocabularies, text editors with images and more.
Tools for personal use are also very useful, such as induction cables, which can be connected to computers for audio-video communications or voice recognition tools, as well as magnified lip reading on video, which greatly facilitate remote communications.